Author Topic: Need a macro like “open_local_symbol”, and it's open all symbol in project  (Read 4139 times)

JustAbitCool

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Is there a macro like “open_local_symbol”,
and it's open all symbol in project, if anyboy knows, please tell me,
the macro "open_local_symbol" is very cool.

hs2

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 291
I afraid there is no such macro available. It would require some more effort/rework to achieve a good user experience even with large projects.
But you can use the 'Find Symbol' toolbar e.g. selecting <Current Project> scope.
However, I'll put the different scopes provided by this toolbar on the 'ols' todo list.
(Maybe an optional 'All Buffers' scope could be added w/o too much trouble..)
HS2

JustAbitCool

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
I afraid there is no such macro available. It would require some more effort/rework to achieve a good user experience even with large projects.
But you can use the 'Find Symbol' toolbar e.g. selecting <Current Project> scope.
However, I'll put the different scopes provided by this toolbar on the 'ols' todo list.
HS2

I have tried "Find Symbol", but after i input the symbol name, when i type “Down Key”,  my input symbol changed.
I hope use "Down Key" to select the symbol driectly.
By using "Find Symbol", i must type a "Tab Key" to focus on the symbol list.

Sorry for my english .... and thank you HS2!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2011, 12:41:42 pm by JustAbitCool »

Graeme

• Hero Points: 329
HS2

I have tried "Find Symbol", but after i input the symbol name, when i type “Down Key”,  my input symbol changed.
I hope use "Down Key" to select the symbol driectly.
By using "Find Symbol", i must type a "Tab Key" to focus on the symbol list.

Sorry for my english .... and thank you HS2!

Yeah, that's one of the most annoying things in SlickEdit.  It's by design.

hs2

• Hero Points: 291
Since the search field is a drop-down list the cursor keys are catched by this (initially focused) control to handle navigation in it's list (search history) by default. Same applies to the (SHIFT-)TAB key which is the default to move the focus to each control of a dialog.
However, this behaviour can be changed in a way that e.g. cursor-down moves the focus to the result list if the drop-down list is not expanded (by pressing 'F4' on Windows).
I've tailored/added some keybindings of the Find Symbol TB and I can rip and post some maybe helpful code snippets if needed.
HS2