Author Topic: Key-binding for Debugger attach to remote process fails.  (Read 2724 times)

tromic

• New Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Key-binding for Debugger attach to remote process fails.
« on: January 18, 2012, 04:38:52 PM »
I want to create a key binding that 'invokes' the Debug/Attach Debugger/Attach to Remote Process menu item, but everything I have tried fails.

I have tried both 'debug-attach' and 'debug-remote' and they give the error messages (in a modal dialog) of: "attaching to a running process is not supported" and "remote debugging is not supported"

The 'debug-attach' binding has a bunch of text in the description area which talks about 'attach_info' and 'debug_cb_name' but I see no way to specify that information if it is needed. 'debug-remote' shows nothing in the description area.

Id like to avoid having to use the mouse to iterate on the remote debug invoke, so if anyone has any ideas, I would much appreciate your input.

Obviously, clicking on the Debug/Attach Debugger/Attach to Remote Process works just fine.

Thanks very much,
Scott Posch

*** EDIT *** - I got around this by recording a macro that clicked on the proper menu items, but am still curious as to why the key bindings dont work. It looks like you need to somehow specify 'gdb' (or whatever debugger you want' after the 'debug-remote' command, but there is nowhere to specify it in the key-binding dialog.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 04:44:57 PM by tromic »