Author Topic: Cut & Paste Blocks  (Read 8773 times)

FreshDesh

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
  • Make my own rules so I can break them.
Re: Cut & Paste Blocks
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2012, 10:01:10 PM »
when you get things working correctly, make sure and make a copy of the config directory either by copying the actual directory on disk or by using Tools > Options > Export/Import Options.  Also try renaming the 'vslick.sta' file and restart SlickEdit.  This can work like magic.

Mike

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 21
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2012, 01:46:16 PM »
Dropbox seems to be the culprit

chrisant

• Hero Points: 131
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2012, 03:21:08 PM »
This may have something to do with dropbox.  I had a copy of my "My SlickEdit Config" directory in dropbox and when I deleted it my problems seemed to go away.  Is that possible?
Can you explain a little more about how you're using dropbox?
- If you mean you deleted your local config folder and restored it from dropbox, and then the problem went away, then I don't understand how dropbox could be the culprit.
- If you mean you had a copy of your config folder in dropbox, and you deleted it from dropbox, and then your local problem went away, then I don't understand how dropbox could be the culprit.
- Or do you mean you had restored your config folder from dropbox and that's when the problem started, but that deleting your local config folder (to force it to be recreated) made the problem go away and it hasn't returned?

Mike

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 21
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2012, 04:26:45 PM »
I cannot answer for the user, but I think the problem was in trying to have the configuration in the cloud.

It is not recommended to have your configuration directory on a network share, due to the problems of I/O latency when SlickEdit is utilizing these files.