Author Topic: How to add the "Current Directory" to the Find->Look in list?  (Read 2288 times)

shol74

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Is there a way to add the <Current Directory> of the Open File window to the drop down "Look in" list when I try to do a Find in Files?  I'm pretty sure this use to be there in an older SlickEdit version than I have.  I can add a fully expanded version of the current directory to the list with the arrow on the side, but it would be nice it it could just be a default option (again?) with <All Buffers>, <Current Buffer>, and <Current Buffer Directory>.

Thanks.

Mike

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 20
Re: How to add the "Current Directory" to the Find->Look in list?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 01:20:18 pm »

Phil Barila

• Hero Points: 61
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 02:44:20 pm »
Sorry, @Mike, but the way I read what @shol74 wants is for the current working directory of the process to be another option on that list.  @shol74, I believe that menu can be modified.  Not exactly sure how to do that, I think you would start by opening the dialog editor by entering "open-form _tbfind_form" at the SE command line.  I see in the form editor that the delta button that produces that menu calls the command "_mffind_menu".  The rest is left as an exercise for the reader.

shol74

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 03:25:07 pm »
Thanks, Phil.  Yeah, I want the current working directory of the process to be an option, specifically the one that I have selected in the Open toolbar file/directory panel.  It's much easier to navigate that box with a huge directory listing than the tiny box that is opened with the "Directory..." option, especially when you are working across multiple directories.  Like I said, I'm pretty sure this used to be a listed option.  I'll take a look at what you posted and see if I can figure out anything.

Lee

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 125
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2012, 03:36:43 pm »
Look in: "." (no quotes) is the current working directory.

Mike

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 20
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2012, 03:44:43 pm »
^ Lee beat me to it