Author Topic: Wrong Imports for String  (Read 2940 times)

PlanetPratt

  • Senior Community Member
  • Posts: 145
  • Hero Points: 6
Wrong Imports for String
« on: March 28, 2012, 05:01:12 pm »
I've used SlickEdit for years and lately my SlickEdit Core has started becoming REALLY annoying!  Every time I type "String " in a .java file, it inserts "import org.apache.xpath.operations.String;" which messes up everything and I have to scroll to the top of the file, delete the import and try to remember not to hit space after typing "String" or I'll have to do it yet again.  I've tried Tools->Retag Workspace... but that just takes forever and doesn't fix anything.  Is there a way to get imports working again?
  (*Chris*)

Ryan

  • SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • *
  • Posts: 986
  • Hero Points: 77
Re: Wrong Imports for String
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 06:07:02 pm »
I am assuming you are using Core 3.7.1?

Open the attached version of jrefactor.e in a SlickEdit editor in Eclipse, and hit F12 (in CUA and most other emulations) to load.  You should see 'Module(s) loaded' at the bottom of the editor.  Now, does the described behavior persist?  This should fix it.  The problem happened in the 16.0.3 version of SlickEdit, which is the basis for SlickEdit Core 3.7.1, so the problem still occurs in the plugin.  If you ever need to shut off 'Auto Organize Imports', you can find the options at Format > Imports > Options when a Java file is open.

Sorry for the trouble...let me know if you have additional issues with this.

- Ryan

PlanetPratt

  • Senior Community Member
  • Posts: 145
  • Hero Points: 6
Re: Wrong Imports for String
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 06:39:31 pm »
That seems to have done it (except I had to use the "load" command from the SE command line instead of F12).  Thanks, that was really annoying and it's been bugging me for quite some time.
  (*Chris*)