Author Topic: Other slickedit forum  (Read 14067 times)

tinker123

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 3
Other slickedit forum
« on: July 11, 2006, 01:14:31 PM »
There is a slickedit forum by a private individual that has been in operation for a long time.  I have found it to be very helpful:
http://www.lazyhacker.com/slickedit/forum/index.php

I think it is wonderful that Slickedit starthed this forum as well.

The slickedit support staff is wonderful, I know, I have written to them many times.  I'm sure other people had the same issues I did.  A searchable forum like this could make getting answers quicker, as well as easier if the Slickedit support staff contributes to these forums.

I've been using slickedit for 6 years, gladly.   My only major problem with has always been the documentation.  Slickedit staff participating in this forum can go a long way to getting around that.

ronburk

• Community Member
Re: Other slickedit forum
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006, 09:57:22 PM »
Thanks for the pointer to the other forum: more info is better when it comes to SlickEdit.

Although I recently upgraded, I've been considering looking for an alternative editor, and the sole reason was lack of community. I mean, how can there be a great editor with a full internal language and all manner of features and plenty of users and yet there's virtually no technical question that can be answered by Googling? And no repository of any size of reusable macros? Etc.

Here's hoping this forum will help those of us who've been wishing we could better tap the power of VS for our daily work! I would like to use more than 10% of my SlickEdit brain :-).

Wanderer

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 23
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2006, 04:09:08 AM »
ronburk -- what editors are you looking at that have SE's capability and the active user community/macro-and-addin-pool/etc. that you are looking for?  For a while I thought CodeWright was it.  I've since seen a number of people confessing to a CodeWright->SlickEdit migration. 

Tim Kemp

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 92
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2006, 11:34:31 AM »
I recently migrated from CodeWright.  The main reason was that CodeWright appears to be dead.  Here's what it says on Borland's site: "Please note that as a Classic Product, Borland offers no further enhancements or support for this product."

I was a Brief user back in the early 90's before Borland bought and killed it too.  I sure hope they don't buy SlickEdit; they don't seem to like editors.

aoehlke

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2006, 03:29:17 PM »
this other slickedit forum seems to now be defunct.
I get "Forum unavailable" when visiting the lazyhacker url posted at the top of this thread

drisner

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 2
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2006, 04:24:25 PM »
The owner of the lazyhacker SlickEdit forums posted a while back that he would be taking it down now that SlickEdit has its own forums.

tinker123

• Community Member
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2006, 07:28:50 PM »
I've gotten a lot of help over the years from the usenet group comp.editors
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.editors?gvc=2&hl=en

Just put "Visual Slickedit" in your subject

tinker123

• Community Member
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2006, 07:29:36 PM »
"CRISP" is BRIEF reborn and on steroids.