Author Topic: VS2012 project doesn't build  (Read 3693 times)

Wanderer

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 23
VS2012 project doesn't build
« on: June 12, 2012, 03:59:37 PM »
SlickEdit 2012 (v17.0.0.8 64-bit)
Build Date: June 07, 2012
Emulation: Vim
OS Version: 6.01.7601  Service Pack 1
Project Type: Microsoft Visual Studio Csharp
Language: .cs

Hello,
I open a Visual Studio .sln (last opened in VS2012 RC).
When I select Build->Rebuild (Build->Build), I get a "file not found" error.
C: & cd C:\Users\Charles\SkyDrive\Projects\AccuRevPreKeep\AccuRevPreKeep

C:\Users\Charles\SkyDrive\Projects\AccuRevPreKeep\AccuRevPreKeep>echo VSLICKERRORPATH="C:\Users\Charles\SkyDrive\Projects\AccuRevPreKeep\AccuRevPreKeep"
VSLICKERRORPATH="C:\Users\Charles\SkyDrive\Projects\AccuRevPreKeep\AccuRevPreKeep"

C:\Users\Charles\SkyDrive\Projects\AccuRevPreKeep\AccuRevPreKeep>"C:\Program Files\SlickEditV17.0.0 x64\win\vsbuild" -signal 50120 -command devenv "C:\Users\Charles\SkyDrive\Projects\AccuRevPreKeep\AccuRevPreKeep.sln" /rebuild "Debug" /project "C:\Users\Charles\SkyDrive\Projects\AccuRevPreKeep\AccuRevPreKeep\AccuRevPreKeep.csproj"
VSLICKERRORPATH="C:\Users\Charles\SkyDrive\Projects\AccuRevPreKeep\AccuRevPreKeep"
devenv C:\Users\Charles\SkyDrive\Projects\AccuRevPreKeep\AccuRevPreKeep.sln /rebuild Debug /project C:\Users\Charles\SkyDrive\Projects\AccuRevPreKeep\AccuRevPreKeep\AccuRevPreKeep.csproj
vsbuild: File not found (devenv)

C:\Users\Charles\SkyDrive\Projects\AccuRevPreKeep\AccuRevPreKeep>
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks for any hints --

Matthew

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 44
Re: VS2012 project doesn't build
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 02:49:18 PM »
You're not doing anything wrong. We just don't have proper VS2012 support baked in yet, since it came out just as we were wrapping up SE2012. I don't currently have a VS2012 handy, but I imagine the issue is that we're just not locating the VS2012 devenv path properly (if devenv is even used anymore).
When we load a Visual Studio solution, SlickEdit sets up the INCLUDE, LIB, and PATH environment variables so that correct flavor of devenv can be found for the Solution/Project version, and also point it to the proper header and lib directories.
So, in the meantime, you can launch the "Visual Studio 2012 Command Prompt" from the Start menu, which will set up the environment for you. Then launch SlickEdit from that command prompt so the environment is inherited. Then you can open up your solution and it should have all the paths set up you need to build.

Wanderer

• Hero Points: 23
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 03:11:09 PM »
Thanks for the reply, but your suggestion doesn't seem to work.  I suspect there are new env vars for VS2012 that SlickEdit doesn't take in to account yet.

Matthew

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 44
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 05:07:36 PM »
I was able to create a new C# console project and a MFC desktop app and have those projects build correctly. These were brand-new projects, so they hadn't been opened by any previous version of SE. I'd suggest you try deleting the .vpw/.vpj/.vtg files that SE generates, then re-open by browsing for the .sln file again.
We will still need to get the Visual Studio 2012 compiler into the listing so the new headers and SDK can be tagged properly, as well as getting the new .NET framework into the list of taggable SDKs. But you *should* be able to build.