Author Topic: Full Screen Errors  (Read 6362 times)

acgattegno

Full Screen Errors
« on: January 11, 2007, 07:55:43 PM »
Sorry if this is the wrong place -- just got SE and relatively new to the forums.

Whenever I go into full screen mode, I get an error trace window popping up.  The title bar is vsapi.dll (and so I should say that my development environment is VS6 SP6).

I don't seem to be able to select the text from the window, so pasting it in here isn't forthcoming.

The first line is:

_tbContainerFromWid: !!!!!! _iswindow_valid(155) FAILED!

The window ID changes from instance of the error to instance of the error.

Not really critical, but mostly annoying.

Running 11.0.2 (I'm assuming the CD I got a couple of days ago contains the 12/12 hotfixes given the version number).

acgattegno

Re: Full Screen Errors
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 08:04:40 PM »
Also, with Autosave turned on (set to 15-seconds on inactivity), when autosave triggers, the screen resets to non-full-screen-mod.  If I haven't made any changes or have autosave turned off, the screen stays in full-screen.  If I have autosave turned on but and actively making changes (no inactivity), it remains in full screen until the forced autosave (I used 2-minutes) triggers, then it goes back to non-full-screen (in the middle of a keystroke, even).

Very annoying and rather defeats the purpose of full-screen.

Graeme

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 347
Re: Full Screen Errors
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 10:12:19 PM »
The error message comes from line 616 of toolbar.e
Code: [Select]
      say('_tbContainerFromWid: !!!!!! _iswindow_valid('wid') FAILED!');

You should report this to support@slickedit.com in case they don't notice this thread, but you might need to describe how to reproduce this a bit more.

The autosave problem was reported a little while ago.
http://community.slickedit.com/index.php?topic=716.0

Graeme