Author Topic: Bug (annoyance) with Save on Loss of Focus  (Read 4482 times)

acg

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Bug (annoyance) with Save on Loss of Focus
« on: June 20, 2012, 07:50:30 PM »
If "Save on Loss of Focus" is enabled, and I make a change and then alt-tab (i.e., I'm copying/pasting content from a query window into some XML), SE re-grabs focus doing the save operation.

So, instead of SE alt-tab query alt-tab SE, it's SE alt-tab alt-tab query alt-tab SE.

If I a) don't make a change; or b) make a change but have save on loss of focus disabled, it doesn't do this.

Phil Barila

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 61
Re: Bug (annoyance) with Save on Loss of Focus
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 08:23:53 PM »
Since this is the official support forum for Beta testing, it's easy to forget that the official support channel for releases is to open a support ticket.  That's the way to get this fixed.

acg

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 08:45:53 PM »
Since this is the official support forum for Beta testing, it's easy to forget that the official support channel for releases is to open a support ticket.  That's the way to get this fixed.

Sorry...I didn't see in the forum name that it was the beta forum.  I guess you mean that product people don't read this forum now that the release is live.

Phil Barila

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 09:00:21 PM »
They read the forum, sometimes, but this has been stated, repeatedly, that it's intended primarily as a "users helping users" forum, and not an official support channel for non-Beta products.  I was just trying to save you the frustration of the (sometimes multi-day) delays in getting a response from SE on this forum.
Opening a ticket is just as easy as posting here.

• From SE, select Help->Contact Product Support
  • Click the Submit button
  • Browser opens at SE support site
  • Login to SE support site if you aren't already
  • Select the category from the drop down
  • Fill in the Short description (title)
  • Write the details
  • Copy the Help->About information
  • Paste the Help->About information into the text box provided
  • Click "Create Support Case" button
It took me longer to type the steps here than it did to open a case yesterday.

dunkers

• Hero Points: 36
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 10:40:03 PM »
Opening a ticket is just as easy as posting here

That's so, but I think it is rather short-sighted of SE not to monitor this forum and deal with support issues they see. Once I realise that the way to deal with an issue is to open a ticket then I won't see any reason to post here. Without posting here, other users won't see the issue and resolution, so they won't be helped if they have the same or similar issue.

Phil Barila

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2012, 11:04:56 PM »
I'm not actually defending their position, just trying to help the OP (@acg) get an answer sooner than later.  I posted quite a while ago that having the forum be the official Beta support channel, and then having to create support tickets for Release is confusing.  I got a pat on the hand and a "there, there" in response.  I think I must have posted that to a Beta forum that's been removed, since I can't find the thread.

chrisant

• Hero Points: 131
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2012, 12:59:00 AM »
Typically the team pays extra attention to the forums for a while after a major update.  That's clearly been happening this time, too, based on recent forum activity.

dunkers

• Hero Points: 36
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2012, 01:15:02 AM »
@Phil - I realise you were simply helping and not expressing a view. Just thought it needed saying and you post was a convenient place to hang it :)