Author Topic: V17: Win7x64: Brief: File open dialog persists after escape  (Read 2258 times)

jc44

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 22
With a Brief emulation if I hit Alt-B to bring up an (undocked) buffer window and then hit Esc when I decide that I don't want it after all the window disappears as I would expect, however if I do the same with Alt-E to bring up an (undocked) file open window and hit escape then focus returns to the edit windows but the window hangs around; if I select a new file then the window vanishes so the window isn't intentionally persistant.  Can this be fixed (s.t. window vanishes on escape) please?

Thanks

John Cox

chrisant

• Hero Points: 131
Re: V17: Win7x64: Brief: File open dialog persists after escape
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 03:50:45 PM »
It's configurable.  In Tools|Options, under Appearance\Tool Windows, for the "Open" tool window, make sure "ESC dismisses floating window" is checked.

jc44

• Hero Points: 22
Re: V17: Win7x64: Brief: File open dialog persists after escape
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 04:00:00 PM »
OK - that fixes it.  I'm still mildly surprised by the difference in behaviour between actually selecting a file and not - I think I'd have expected both to be the same i.e. either both leave the window on-screen or both close it.  Either way I've got the behaviour I want now

Many thanks