Author Topic: Error after unloading a macro  (Read 973 times)

DomDom

  • Community Member
  • Posts: 6
  • Hero Points: 0
Error after unloading a macro
« on: August 09, 2012, 01:52:14 pm »
When I unload a macro (like todo.ex) I get an error and then a stack dump (see attached files).

The result is that I cannot do anything anymore (not even exit from SlickEdit) without having this error to keep coming back (have to kill SlickEdit).

I am using ver 17.0.8 (64bits on win 7) but same thing happen with ver 17.0.1.

Any Idea ???
-Dom

Dennis

  • SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • *
  • Posts: 2389
  • Hero Points: 328
Re: Error after unloading a macro
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 04:36:53 pm »
Look in your configuration directory at logs/stack.log.  I suspect that something disappears when you unload your macro that either a tool window or a timer or something in your own code needs.  That may have led to a secondary Slick-C error being reported in the toolbar code.

DomDom

  • Community Member
  • Posts: 6
  • Hero Points: 0
Re: Error after unloading a macro
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 05:08:45 pm »
Hey Dennis,
Thanks for the reply.

The other error I found  was:
Quote
error code=-3071                                                                                         
Variable element or variable not initialized                                                             
                                                                                                           
toolbar.ex 13631 toolbar:_tbAppendToolbarsToMenu(15,0,2)   p_window_id: 114   p_object: OI_EDITOR   p_name:
toolbar.ex 15703 _init_menu_toolbars(1,0)   p_window_id: 114   p_object: OI_EDITOR   p_name:
files.ex 10200 call_list(-init-menu-,1,0)   p_window_id: 114   p_object: OI_EDITOR   p_name:
menu.ex 5514 _on_init_menu()   p_window_id: 114   p_object: OI_EDITOR   p_name:
Slick-C STACK TRACE ******************************
Created on 8/9/2012 at 10:54:17 (295 ms)
SlickEdit Version 17.0.0.8 Copyright 1988-2012 SlickEdit Inc.
Edit module and type "st -f <offset>" to get the run-time error position

Anyway, I delete "vslick.sta" to force SlickEdit to rebuild it and it seems to have fixed the problem...

I guess something went wrong when I update from Ver 16.0.3 to 17.0.0.8

-Dom