Author Topic: 17.0.2 Project add tree wrong directory default  (Read 2596 times)

rajkej

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 14
17.0.2 Project add tree wrong directory default
« on: August 13, 2012, 04:16:51 PM »
With 17.0.2 when I navigate to Project->Project Properties->Add Tree, the default directory seems to be the directory from the last time I used the Add Tree menu. This used to properly get set to the current project directory.

When I switch projects, the current project directory is still changed properly.

Sandra

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 36
Re: 17.0.2 Project add tree wrong directory default
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 01:59:08 PM »
This was an intentional change to restore the last directory used by the Add Tree dialog.  An alternative for us would be to restore the last directory by project.  What best fits your workflow (other users are welcome to chime in here, so we make sure we get it right)?

rajkej

• Hero Points: 14
Re: 17.0.2 Project add tree wrong directory default
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 02:05:06 PM »
I would prefer to use the current directory which I believe is the old behavior. The restore last directory by project would be an alternative but would confuse me because its a different directory than I was just navigating through. In all of my cases a project uses a directory tree starting at one point and not multiple. A workspace uses multiple projects and may have multiple starting points (one per project). So the last used setting even on a per project basis does nothing for me.