Author Topic: SlickEdit Core for Juno  (Read 30570 times)

Sylvain

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
SlickEdit Core for Juno
« on: August 16, 2012, 03:46:17 PM »
Is SlickEdit core version 3.7.1 compatible with Eclipse Juno?

Ryan

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 77
Re: SlickEdit Core for Juno
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 07:47:03 PM »
I have experimented with this setup (on Windows), and it seems to work fine.  I got it to install, and run, and was able to edit/save my files and use the SlickEdit Prefences.  However, there are incompatibilities listed on eclipse.org when migrating a 3.7.x compatible plugin to a 4.2 (juno) compatible plugin...so I can't guarantee your safety.  Basically, it should work...but it is certainly not an officially supported platfom.  If you have troubles I'm still more than happy to help you out, there.

- Ryan

Sylvain

• Community Member
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 07:51:08 PM »
Is there any time frame for a SlickEdit Core plugin for Eclipse 4.2 (Juno)?

Ryan

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2012, 05:36:17 PM »
No...not yet :(.  We hope to be getting up to speed with our 4.2 release soon, it's just that this year we are slightly delayed because of all the work involved in producing our QT port for SlickEdit.  Our normal time frame for our major Core release (which follows the major SlickEdit release), is late Summer or maybe Fall...but I would expect we will be later than that this year.  We do want to get a great Core release based on SlickEdit 17 out as soon as we can, though.

- Ryan

mckaiju

• Community Member
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 03:38:00 PM »
Any update on when SlickEdit Core for Eclipse Juno will be available?  While it functions for the most part on Juno as is, there are still some hiccups and buggy things. 

Ryan

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 04:05:08 PM »
Unfortunately there's not much more I can add right now, other than we are actively working on it...and I know there are incompatibilities :(.  I'll be able to post a more definite time frame when we get closer to the beta release.

- Ryan

Ryan

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2012, 04:07:07 PM »
How are you folks finding working in Juno?  Do you have any complaints over Eclipse 3.8 (if you have used this release)?  Or even complaints over 3.7?  How are you finding the performance, and look and feel?

mckaiju

• Community Member
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2012, 04:39:04 PM »
ok, thanks for the update.  Ill keep looking for more announcements for it.  As far as juno compared to 3.7, I love juno.  It is far more stable, eats up less memory, and has a slicker and more responsive interface.  I have no intention to go back to 3.7, just so slickedit works better.  Id much rather deal with a little buginess in slickedit than deal with 3.7 again. 

Ryan

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2012, 02:46:13 AM »
Well I'm glad to hear that...I've read a lot of mixed reviews.  I think I will get used to the new interface, in time, but I'm a little surprised that you've found it to be more responsive.  Thus far that has not been my experience.

Sylvain

• Community Member
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2012, 05:48:40 PM »
@mckaiju:
Do you have a list of known issues when running SlickEdit with Juno?

chlebak

• New Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2012, 09:05:49 PM »
Also, any update as to when Juno will be fully supported?

dohlhaut

• New Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2012, 09:22:48 PM »
With Juno, I have the SE plugin installed, and am seeing Eclipse crashes and other odd source scrolling behavior while debugging.  More than just hiccups or querky behavior.

Ryan

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2013, 03:57:55 PM »
Yea there are certainly incompatibilities, and I'm not surprised that you are seeing more than what you would consider a minor bug running with this configuration.  Since it isn't an officially supported platform, at first I was just testing it to see a) will this install, b) will this run, and c) can I edit and save files.

I wish I had a better post here to write about an update for our 4.x compatible plugin...but I don't :(.  We are obviously already behind with this release and we know that, and I am not ignoring this forum.  As soon as I can give a rough estimate of when the beta cycle will begin I will post it here before I even go to Starbucks in the morning.

- Ryan

wsappington

• Community Member
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2013, 08:09:04 PM »
Just adding my voice to the chorus about a Juno-compatible Core plugin.  Juno had been installed and was already set up with a bunch of projects before I had a chance to install Core (x64).  I chose to risk the incompatibilities rather than do without Slickedit for however long it takes for an update.  Does anyone else using this configuration have any issues they've discovered that I should be aware of?  Ryan, do you know of any?  It's been a while since the last post on this subject, wondering what may have popped up in the mean time.

Sylvain

• Community Member
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2013, 01:57:43 PM »
Any update regarding the "Juno" support?