Author Topic: Block Edit selection adds one column (SEv17.0.2.0 Win7 x64)  (Read 838 times)

Shelku

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Block Edit selection adds one column (SEv17.0.2.0 Win7 x64)
« on: September 06, 2012, 09:41:28 pm »
I have my right-mouse click tied to the "mou-click-menu-block" command so that I can right-click a block selection for editing. I use this all the time for column-editing list names, for enumerating values, etc.

I've noticed with v17 of SE that I can perform a block selection, then type to overwrite (or simply use the delete character) -- but then an extra character on the right of the block column selection gets deleted.

Example:

If I select a block around "12" for all four lines, then when I type a character, the "3" on all four lines is also replaced even though it wasn't selected or shown in the highlighted selection. This doesn't seem to happy all the time either, but it happens often enough that it's annoying.

Somewhat related: Is it possible to allow the mouse wheel to scroll while I'm holding down the right mouse button for a block selection? Otherwise I have to fiddle with the auto-scrolling at the top/bottom of the buffer which tends to go too fast most of the time.

Thanks!