Author Topic: Reset Docked Tool Windows to a default on Slickedit startup  (Read 4861 times)

bentc

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: -1
Reset Docked Tool Windows to a default on Slickedit startup
« on: October 31, 2012, 04:30:34 pm »
I keep my search tool window docked at the bottom of my Slickedit view.  I have my "coding" screen rotated so I can see lots of code at once.  I tend to re-size the search window up and down a lot during my daily activity.  Sometimes, I accidentally leave it up too high and then undock my computer.  The next time I start up Slickedit (while undocked with the smaller laptop screen), the search window fills the view and I can't see the top bar to make it smaller; I also cannot see the code window.  This makes Slickedit absolutely useless until I re-dock.

I'd like Slickedit to reset the size/height of the docked search results window to some small default each time I start the program.

Yes, I know I could set it to auto-hide but I don't really like that function; I like the search window always visible.

Alternately, I could use some key binding to reset the sizes to a default (but that assumes I have a function which does so which I could then just attach to the startup event).

Any suggestions appreciated...

Thanks,

~Ben

Rodney

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 46
Re: Reset Docked Tool Windows to a default on Slickedit startup
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 01:00:43 pm »
Running 'tbresetall' from the SlickEdit command-line will reset your tool-window layout.

++rodney

bentc

• Community Member
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 04:34:49 pm »
Is there any way to set/change what the default is?

bentc

• Community Member
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 02:56:16 pm »
bump

Graeme

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 258
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 11:05:24 am »
You might be able to use this.
http://community.slickedit.com/index.php/topic,9389.0.html

If you need any help with it, let me know.