Author Topic: Bug in configuration specific "User Includes"?  (Read 2496 times)

bunbun

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 2
Bug in configuration specific "User Includes"?
« on: November 20, 2012, 06:28:09 pm »
There appears to be a problem in the support for "User Includes" directories.

If different configurations (e.g. "Release" and "Debug") are set up to have their own set of include directories, these are not reloaded into the "GNU C Options" dialog box (gnucopts.e). The "Directories| User Includes" combobox is left empty. The result is that invoking "Build|GNU C Options..." has the side effect of wiping out all include directories (changing the values for the project and updating project.vpj)!

On my system, this is very reproducible. I am using SlickEdit 2012 (v17.0.2.0 64-bit), running under Fedora Core 17 with the latest patches. Is this a configuration issue or a bug?

Matthew

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 44
Re: Bug in configuration specific "User Includes"?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 04:30:22 pm »
This looks to be a bug. The proper per-configuration user includes *are* loaded properly if you first go to the Project Properties dialog, then launch the GNU C Options by going to the Project Properties dialog's "Tools" section. When you pick a configuration and select compile/link/etc in the Tool name listing, you'll see an "Options..." button to launch the GNU C Option page.

We're prepping a 17.0.3 release this week, so I don't know if a fix will make it into there. But we should be able to get this into a hot fix.

bunbun

• Community Member
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 05:00:05 pm »
Glad that this will be fixed. Thanks

Lee

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 130
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 05:35:45 pm »
This is fixed in the v17.0.3 point release.  See http://community.slickedit.com/index.php/topic,8727.msg for details.

bunbun

• Community Member
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 02:54:31 pm »
That is quick. Brilliant. Thanks!