Author Topic: Projects Tool Window: Source files not sorted alphabetically (SE 2012, 17.0.2)  (Read 3713 times)

kataric

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Howdy,

I'm having trouble with getting my SlickEdit 2012 to sort my source files in alphabetical order inside the Projects Tool Window. Even though I use linux predominately capital letters don't get special treatment from me. I do not stop for ASCII sort.

I can't seem to find any setting in the options to configure this particular aspect.
I have no doubt that I'm not the first one to mention this. If anyone could please toss a little advice my way on how to configure this I would be most appreciative.

Thank you.

PS. Maybe that cool Rodney guy might help out again, he did a great job on my last question.

Dan

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 153
I don't have a global option to change that right now... in Slick-C we tell it that the column is file names, and much further under the covers the decision is made that it is to be sorted according to how the file system behaves.

I could probably offer you a tweak to a macro file that will get you what you want.

kataric

• Community Member
I would like that.

kataric

• Community Member
One other thought. My system is Linux mint 13, kernel 3.2.19.
I have the drive where my source files are formatted to ext3.
I have Slickedit installed onto a ext3 formatted drive as well.
My / (root) directory is setup on a partition formatted as ext4.

I would think that if something sorted based on filesystem it would sort the files by their Inode order, not ascii.
My terminals don't even sort by ascii. Programs like ls output in true alphabetical.
What system properties is slickedit checking to ascertain this information?

Dan

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 153
I misspoke, it is not actually checking the file system, it assumes Unix will be case-sensitive.

gsexton

• Community Member
I'm certain that previous versions of SlickEdit on Linux were not case-sensitive in the project manager window. This is really annoying, and I would like to see it fixed in an update.