Author Topic: function definition display when the mouse hovers over the function name  (Read 2559 times)

gopiallu

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Is it possible in SlickEdit for the function definition to be displayed when the mouse hovers over the function name. Eclipse has this functionality, and I am wondering if SlickEdit supports it too. Thanks.

chrisant

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 131
Re: function definition display when the mouse hovers over the function name
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 05:17:44 pm »
What version of SlickEdit are you using, what language are you working in?

The feature is on by default.  The option name is "Show info for symbol under mouse", and it's on the "Context Tagging" page for each language (or "All Languages") in Tools|Options.

gopiallu

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 05:28:33 pm »
I am using SlickEdit 2012 and my lanuage is C++. I see that "Show info for symbol under mouse" is on, but when I hover mouse on a function name it is only displaying the function prototype, not the whole body of the function. Thanks.

davehohl

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 27
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 06:08:09 pm »
If you just hover it will show the function prototype, but if you click on it the whole function will be shown in the Preview window.

gopiallu

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2012, 06:26:05 pm »
At least in my SlickEdit 2012, I couldn't see the whole function body in the preview window. May this behavior got changed in this latest version?? Thanks.