Author Topic: What I want for Christmas  (Read 2135 times)

gsexton

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
What I want for Christmas
« on: December 31, 2012, 04:20:57 PM »
It's late, but I thought I would submit my Christmas wish list. It's pretty short.

1) Really work with HTML scripting languages. This means syntax highlighting and beautify work perfectly. If I'm editing JSP, the code sections should follow Java highlighting and Indent. If I'm editing PHP, the HTML is highlighted according to the HTML lexer, and the PHP is highlighted according to the PHP lexer. If I beautify, both aspects of the source file (including any embedded Javascript) are formatted correctly.

If there's javascript, it needs to work better. Right now, Javascript beautify is pretty much worthless because if you're using anonymous function parameters in jQuery, it looks at everything as a function argument, rather than treating it as an actual function. Here's an example:

jQuery(document).ready(function() {
// some great long hairy javascript function doesn't get indented right.
});

2) The Java debugger is cumbersome because of statics. Statics need to be grouped at the bottom of a variable's elements so they're not cluttering things up.

That's it. That's all I want. Please, please, fix the support for web authoring. It's a significant part of my work.