Author Topic: Slated improvements/fixes in SlickEdit 18?  (Read 2007 times)

pmwhite

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 7
Slated improvements/fixes in SlickEdit 18?
« on: January 21, 2013, 06:53:26 pm »
The time is coming for my employer to renew or to let expire several SlickEdit support agreements. Right now the plan is to let them expire. I want to present what new features are coming in the next version, to encourage my manager to agree to renew the licenses. So, if you can share the list of upcoming improvements, this would be helpful to all of us.

chrisant

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 131
Re: Slated improvements/fixes in SlickEdit 18?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 04:00:23 am »
The pricing is such that if one will buy an upgrade any time within 5 years then it's cheaper to go with the maintenance/support plan.

Just something to keep in mind; looking at just the next version could be misleading.  It might be useful to look at the last 5 versions and determine how many (or what frequency) had updates that when combined would merit an upgrade.

Often the combination of 2 (sometimes 3) updates builds a compelling case for purchasing a new version -- and in that case it's much cheaper to go with the maintenance subscription, which has the added bonus of not needing to wait 2 or 3 years to get the smaller nice to have features along the way.