Author Topic: Pasting in Diff crashes on Win/64 (17.0.3.0)  (Read 1144 times)

os2bird

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 11
Pasting in Diff crashes on Win/64 (17.0.3.0)
« on: January 30, 2013, 02:35:05 pm »
Hi!

Was doing some editing work in the Diff dialog (source mode) and ended up with a reproducible crash when copying from the right side and pasting into the left  side. It ends up with a NULL pointer access close to a vsapi!xprintf call (can't say much more without symbols). I'm attaching a minidump of the crashed SlickEdit process. I can provide a full dump upon request.

This happens with or without an open work space. I've rebuilt all tag files to try avoid tagging features. The system has two monitors attached, in case that matters.

Kind Regards,
 bird.

PS. vs.exe could benefit from being tested with "Enable page heap" checked in gflags.exe (ships with windbg). I've had it enabled for the whole system here and vs.exe would crash occasionally hitting the electric fence.

os2bird

• Community Member
Re: Pasting in Diff crashes on Win/64 (17.0.3.0)
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 02:45:15 pm »
Attaching a screenshot of what I'm selecting and copying from right to left. I'm trying to paste it inside the #if !defined(RT_OS_WINDOWS) ... #endif.
-bird

Dan

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 81
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 09:56:20 pm »
Sorry, I didn't see this here until just now.

Can you still reproduce this?

os2bird

• Community Member
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 02:43:09 am »
Hi Dan,

yes I can. I zipped up the two files back when it happened, and I've just verified that it happens again. ... Hold on, reproduced it on the mac as well. I've attached the crash report in case it's of any interest.

Kind Regards,
 Knut.