Author Topic: Error parsing seems to be completely broken  (Read 1332 times)

jorick

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 15
Error parsing seems to be completely broken
« on: February 05, 2013, 09:17:43 pm »
I use the IAR EWARM compiler v6.50.2, and it generates error messages like this:

"C:\Projects\Abstraction\Hardware\GPIO.c",334  Error[Pe177]: variable "xuwPartID" was declared but never referenced

I created a regex to parse it:  ^\"{#0:p}\",{#1:i}:b{#3?+}$

Clicking on Validate brings up a box that reads:

Matched expression on line #1
Filename: C:\Projects\Abstraction\Hardware\GPIO.c
Line #: 334
Column:
Message: Error[Pe177]: variable "xuwPartID" was declared but never referenced

But when I double-click the error line in the build window, nothing happens.  Clicking the Process the Next Compiler Error Message button goes to the bottom of the build window, bypassing any errors.  So although the validator works, the actual error parser doesn't.  Any ideas on how to get it to work?

An even worse problem happens with the following error message:

"C:\Projects\App Coyote 3\GPIO.c",127  Error[Pe177]: variable "xuwIndex" was declared but never referenced

The validator fails on it completely.  It took me a while but I found the following in the help file about Windows file names in regular expressions: "For example, space characters in filenames are not allowed."  If that's the case, how do I get it to accept filenames with spaces?

davehohl

• Hero Points: 11
Re: Error parsing seems to be completely broken
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 10:42:54 pm »
Instead of using p to get the file path try q and remove the quotation marks.  I use the IAR compiler for MSP430 and have the following regex, which seems to work:

^{#0:q},{#1:i}:b{#3?+}$

q will match a quoted string, so the spaces in the filenames are not a problem.

jorick

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 10:56:48 pm »
Thanks!

That solves the problem of the validator but I still can't get it to work on real errors.

In Options->Tools->Configure Error Parsing, I have IAR Errors at the top of the expression category, and it lists IAR C Compiler as the only expression defined.  Both have the checkmark in the box.  Essentially, this is the only regex I'm using for errors.  Any ideas as to what's wrong?

davehohl

• Hero Points: 11
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 11:03:27 pm »
Hmm. Sounds like your setup is the same as mine. Have you tried exiting and restarting SE?

jorick

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 01:30:49 pm »
*Sigh*  I feel kinda stupid.  I restarted SE and all is well.

Thanks for all your help!