Author Topic: ISPF prefix area not displaying  (Read 5740 times)

jeff

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
ISPF prefix area not displaying
« on: April 16, 2013, 05:30:34 PM »
I use ISPF emulation and have prefix area width set to 6. However, when I edit a file, SlickEdit does not display a prefix area. As a workaround, I found that I can go into options and set the prefix area width to something else (such as 5) and click Apply. But whenever I edit a new file, I get the same problem until I perform this manual workaround.

Note: I recently moved to a new laptop (Win7) and started seeing this problem. I still have my old laptop (WinXP) which does not encounter this problem. A few years ago, when I moved to the WinXP laptop, I recall experiencing the exact same problem. At that time, I reported this to SlickEdit and got a resolution (but forget what the solution was). Can anyone help?

Here is the info for the Win7 laptop where I am encountering the problem:

SlickEdit Version 13.0.2.0

Serial number: WB930231
Licensed to: Jeff.Haggar
Licensed number of users: Single user
License file: C:\ProgramData\slickedit\13\slickedit.lic

Build Date: August 19, 2008
Emulation: ISPF

Version: 6.01.7601  Service Pack 1
Memory: 27% Load, 0MB/4194MB Physical, 129MB/2097MB Virtual

Installation Directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\SlickEdit 2008\ (non-removable drive,NTFS,416295MB free)
Configuration Directory: C:\Users\IBM_ADMIN\Documents\My SlickEdit Config\13.0.2\ (non-removable drive,NTFS,416295MB free)

jeff

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Re: ISPF prefix area not displaying
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 03:19:06 PM »
Installing the latest hotfix pack resolved my problem. Thanks to Mike from support.