Author Topic: BUG: Not showing contents of VS 2012 vcxproj Header Files  (Read 4676 times)

Phil Barila

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 61
BUG: Not showing contents of VS 2012 vcxproj Header Files
« on: April 24, 2013, 08:50:22 PM »
Really like the new MDI interface, and can't wait for the additional improvements you have planned.  In the meantime, I downloaded the whole collection of Driver samples from here:  http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowshardware/Windows-8-Driver-Samples-5e1aa62e, unzipped them into "D:\Projects\Windows 8 Driver Samples", and opened "D:\Projects\Windows 8 Driver Samples\RegFltr Sample Driver\C++\regfltr.sln".  The Source Files folders expanded OK, but the "Header Files" folders look empty.  When I selected "Folder Properties..." from the "Header Files" context menu, I got the following dialog:

Code: [Select]
---------------------------
Slick-C Error
Invalid XMLCFG node index
OK   
... and behind the dialog was the following stack:
Code: [Select]
Invalid XMLCFG node index
 0x000000000F5B9A10 -xmlcfg-get-attribute(9,-1,Filters,)   p_window_id: 121   p_object: OI_TREE_VIEW   p_name: _proj_tooltab_tree
projconv.ex 39133 _ProjectGet_FolderFiltersAttr(9,-1)   p_window_id: 121   p_object: OI_TREE_VIEW   p_name: _proj_tooltab_tree
ptoolbar.ex 11823 projecttbFolderProperties()   p_window_id: 121   p_object: OI_TREE_VIEW   p_name: _proj_tooltab_tree
I don't believe that you have to have the Windows 8 WDK installed in VS 2012 to open those samples in VS 2012, but I haven't tested that.  I know they won't build without it, and it's free, and not nearly as big as the previous self-contained versions, so there doesn't seem to be any reason not to have it.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 08:53:11 PM by Phil Barila »