Author Topic: Adaptive Formatting was performed while disabled  (Read 5112 times)

evanratt

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 23
Adaptive Formatting was performed while disabled
« on: April 25, 2013, 10:59:42 PM »
I have Adaptive Formatting disabled in my options. I just wrote the declaration of a derived class, and when I entered the opening brace, the dialog box opened prompting me to choose which methods to implement. I selected the methods, chose "Prototypes here, copy implementation to clipboard" (which is a nice improvement, by the way), and clicked OK. The prototypes showed up correctly.

All of this is fine, but I got a little notification in the lower corner of the screen saying "Adaptive Formatting was performed". Is this correct behavior, even if I have Adaptive Formatting disabled?

Sandra

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 36
Re: Adaptive Formatting was performed while disabled
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 01:33:08 PM »
I'll look into this and see what I can find.

skywise

• Hero Points: 10
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 03:32:07 PM »
Just FYI, I've seen this over the last several versions (since 16 at least) but it's intermittent/random... (might be a one time thing when updating between versions and open files in the project?)
My options are set to disable adaptive formatting, but when I go to edit a file the adaptive formatting kicks in... If I check the options view, adaptive formatting is verified as off.  If I close and re-open the file everything seems to work as expected and adaptive formatting isn't used.

Sandra

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 36
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 03:41:35 PM »
I found a spot where I think this might have happened.  We have had problems in the past with adaptive formatting turning itself back on, but I thought we'd got those all shaken out.  If it happens again in the next beta, let me know.

Thanks for the bug report!