Author Topic: Less tabs fit in new tab interface  (Read 3153 times)

rowbearto

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 132
Less tabs fit in new tab interface
« on: May 05, 2013, 12:24:34 AM »
Hi:

In the new tab interface, it seems less tabs can be shown at once.  I sometimes have many files open, so would like to see as many tabs as possible.

The attached screenshot shows that 7 tabs fit with the new interface, while 11 with the old one at the same exact time.

I think it is due to close button, and also because boundaries between tabs are now slanted instead of straight.

Also, in the old interface, if I have file.c and file.h, then I just see '.h' for the .h file, which I like so that more tabs will fit.  Could this be brought back for the new tab interface?

Thanks!
Rob

Rodney

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 54
Re: Less tabs fit in new tab interface
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 12:45:05 AM »
It just depends on what we have time for, Rob. You'll be happy to know that I implemented the option to not show the Close button for the next beta, so that will gain you back some horizontal real estate.

++rodney

rowbearto

• Hero Points: 132
Re: Less tabs fit in new tab interface
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2013, 01:46:25 AM »
Thanks for the reply Rodney.

For me personally, the old tab interface was not broken (easier to read - no gradient, can possibly fit more due to no slant, can have just '.h', has down arrow to list files).  Is there a way to use just the old interface and hide the new one?  (You probably don't want to hear that ;) ).

The only issue that I see is that the old tab interface doesn't seem to work well with the new MDI, that is if you have a 2 horizontal or 2 vertical, we can't have the old tab interface on bottom of each tab group.  But if you did make that possible, I think i would actually want to use it over the new tab interface.