Author Topic: Android project resource symbol lookup  (Read 3544 times)

jporkkahtc

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 210
  • Text
Android project resource symbol lookup
« on: May 07, 2013, 06:13:29 AM »
push-tag on an android resource symbol now jumps to the source *.XML instead of R.java.
This is *great*.

But it doesn't seem to deal well with localization:
In my project I have "strings.xml", and many localized copies.
    ui\res\values\strings.xml
    ui\res\values-ar\strings.xml
    ui\res\values-bg\strings.xml
    ui\res\values-cs\strings.xml
    ui\res\values-zz\strings.xml

Each copy defines the same set of symbols, but the text in each is different of course.
When I execute "push-tag" on
        R.string.some_string

The "Select Symbol" dialog opens with a choice of gen\...\R.java plus the dozen different String.xml files - but it does *not* include the one strings.xml file that I care about: ui\res\values\strings.xml
When I add a new string unique to ui\res\values\strings.xml, then Slick can only find this in R.java.
I checked in the projects tool window and I find "strings.xml" under res\values as it should be.

Ryan

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 77
Re: Android project resource symbol lookup
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 07:40:16 PM »
Is there any way you can attach here or upload to support (http://support.slickedit.com/) the ui\res\values\strings.xml file and 1 or 2 of the ui\res\values-XX\strings.xml files?  I should not need any of your Java source.

EDIT: Also, if you have background tagging turned on, can you try turning it off and seeing if you get better behavior?  I have noticed some inconsistent results in a workspace where I was trying to replicate your scenario when I had background tagging on.  Go to Tools > Options > Editing > Context Tagging® and set Number of tagging threads to start to 0, restart SlickEdit, retag your workspace, and see if the results make more sense.

Thanks,

Ryan
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 04:11:16 PM by Ryan »

Ryan

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 77
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 07:52:00 PM »
There is a fix in beta 3 that should address this, particularly if the behavior you reported was fixed by turning off background tagging.

- Ryan

jporkkahtc

• Hero Points: 210
  • Text
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2013, 09:21:58 PM »
OK, thanks.
I'll try a repro in B3 and report back if it still does.