Author Topic: Feature request: open multiple SE windows and open multiple projects  (Read 3526 times)

asandler

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 27
Since you are working on new MDI, I think it may be a good chance to allow opening multiple windows of SE. I think there has been multiple requests in the past in this regard. And, in my opinion, opening multiple projects at the same time will be the most common use of multiple SE windows.

Thanks,
Alex.

Jerm_jp

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
asandler,
There is the command line switch '+new' that will load a new instance of Slickedit. This functionality has existed for some time, but there is a warning dialog displayed on exit that the user configuration file being locked. This is merely an annoyance when exiting from any of those instances. Testing with beta3 that warning is not displayed.

asandler

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 27
I usually configure SE to save configuration immediately upon change. And so, this dialog that you mentioned all suddenly becomes very big annoyance. Anyway, the dialog box is gone and I am happy.

Thanks,
Alex.

Jerm_jp

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Alex,
I asked in the topic below, what are the ramifications of using this functionality with respect to the configuration being modified by each of the instances.
http://community.slickedit.com/index.php/topic,9062.0.html

No reply as of yet.
Jeremy