Author Topic: Beta 3: Refactoring results preview w/DiffZilla (Japanese text garbled)  (Read 3543 times)

Jerm_jp

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Tested with 2013 Beta 3 and verified identical behavior with 2012
Verified DiffZilla functionality was spawned from each separate version's process.

Observered behavior:
After quick refactoring of a function's variable name, the preview of the 'Refeactoring Results' displayed the Japanese source code comments as mojibake.  (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mojibake)

The garbled comments are represented in both the 'original' and 'Modified' views, and these strings are not detected as modified.

Applying the results achieves the intended result and the original source file comments remain unmodified.

Is this the same as the Encoding detection issue:
http://community.slickedit.com/index.php/topic,9052.0.html
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 06:52:20 am by Jerm_jp »

Dan

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 146
I am not sure what is going on here.  It is possible it is the same issue.  Is there any chance you can send me a file that displays this behavior?  I will experiment here in the meantime.

Jerm_jp

• Community Member
Dan,
Here is a sample that covers several of the issues that I have reported in the past few days.

Jerm_jp

• Community Member
Just a screen shot of the text block before and after.

First text block move using <TAB>

Moving the text block back with <SHIFT>+<TAB>
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 01:12:24 am by Jerm_jp »

Jerm_jp

• Community Member
While generating screen shots to report here, using the attached file to perform a quick refactoring of a function variable name, I noticed that the DiffZilla output was correct when the file encoding is Text, SBCS/DBCS but when the souce file is saved in UTF8 format things get ugly.

Dennis

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 490
I was not able to reproduce the problem with block text moves.

The issues with refactoring and the javadoc (and xmldoc) editors will be fixed though.