Author Topic: 2013-B3 Find in Files doesn't always show matching line.  (Read 3699 times)

shadm

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
2013-B3 Find in Files doesn't always show matching line.
« on: May 13, 2013, 06:38:42 PM »
When I do a Find in Files search, the results list only the matching text, but not the matching line.

The search config:
Look in: <Project>
File types: *
Exclude: <empty>
Look in subfolders: true
Match case: true
Match whole word: true
Use Rx: false
Colors: None
Search Results window: <Auto Increment>
Output to editor window: true
All other Results options are false

I've seen some strange behavior, such as sometimes most of the files have a full matching line, and other times most do NOT have a matching line.  What seems to be the determining factor for the one in the minority (i.e. If most show results, the minority would be the ones that don't show results, and vice versa) are the files open in the editor.

Environment:
OS Version: Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS
Kernel Level: 3.2.0-41-generic
Build Version: #66-Ubuntu SMP Thu Apr 25 03:27:11 UTC 2013
Processor Architecture: x86_64
Desktop Environment: KDE

Another interesting observation, is that when I double click a search result in the Search Results window, it will open the file.  If I click on another result file, it opens that result file in the same tab, apparently closing the first file I opened via the double click in the Search Results window.  Not sure if that is the intended behavior or not; or if there is a setting I should change to alter the behavior.

Lee

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 130
Re: 2013-B3 Find in Files doesn't always show matching line.
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 06:58:29 PM »
Could you post an example of this, or post the output from the Search Results (screenshot or pasted text)?

Another interesting observation, is that when I double click a search result in the Search Results window, it will open the file.  If I click on another result file, it opens that result file in the same tab, apparently closing the first file I opened via the double click in the Search Results window.  Not sure if that is the intended behavior or not; or if there is a setting I should change to alter the behavior.

Yes, intended behavior.  Options >Editing > Bookmarks > Automatically close visited files, defaults to on.  From the help: Closes visited files.  A file is considered as visited if it is opened as a result of a symbol navigation or search operation, and not modified, and subsequently navigated away from.

shadm

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 07:09:13 PM »
In the attached file, you will see that there are matching lines listed only for a single result.  As you can also tell, that file is the only one open in an editor window.

Lee

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 130
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 08:00:45 PM »
I am able to reproduce the issue.  I will try to have it fixed for next beta drop.