Author Topic: Upgrades and tag files  (Read 2483 times)

jporkkahtc

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 210
  • Text
Upgrades and tag files
« on: May 14, 2013, 04:08:44 AM »
Upgrades never seem to handle tag files correctly.
I don't have an exact repro, but:
I've got 17.0.3 installed.
I installed 18B1, b2 and now B3.
I was having problems with finding SlickC macros, so I looked in tags.
the SlickC.vtg file was still referencing Slick18B1\macros\*.e instead of Slick18B3\macros\*.e

I know I had problems like this in upgrading to V17 as well, so I just deleted my config and started fresh.

Is this just a beta-to-beta upgrade problem? If so, then its not really a bug just a bother.

Worse - Its really hard to fix.
When I selected all the *.E files in that VTG and deleted them, slick didn't complain of any errors but didn't do anything either ... all the *.e files where still there. (I have uninstalled 18B1 already).
After trying this several times, finally they did seem to be gone.
But then, slick wouldn't let me add the 18B3 files ... again, it would let me go thru the motions but there would be no new *.e files showing up in the list.

Dennis

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 517
Re: Upgrades and tag files
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 12:55:40 PM »
Your configuration is going to be upgraded, but not migrated between B1 and B2 (that is, it is still going to be under the 18.0.0 directory), so it is understandable that you'll have the same Slick-C tag file.  This is only an issue with the Slick-C tags, and migrating between beta releases.  I'd recommend deleting the Slick-C tag file to rebuild it, because SlickEdit will automatically retag the macros for you.