Author Topic: Missing the 'close' button  (Read 2206 times)

rowbearto

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 118
Missing the 'close' button
« on: May 17, 2013, 08:18:15 pm »
Now that you have the new MDI interface, the "minimize/restore/close" buttons are now gone.

Also, I like to have the close buttons not enabled on the file tabs, so that more file tabs are present.

So now when I want to close a file, I need to do 2 mouse clicks, I need to right click on the tab, and then select to close the file.

It would be nice if you could bring back a single button which means 'close the active file', so that only 1 mouse click is needed.  Just a small request :)

Phil Barila

• Hero Points: 61
Re: Missing the 'close' button
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 09:31:02 pm »
Tools > Options > Editing > Editor Windows.  The bottom two options select what the editor does on double-click and middle click.  I have middle-click set to close the tab, and it works very naturally for me, because I use that same gesture in Visual Studio and all the browsers I use.

rowbearto

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2013, 09:36:36 pm »
Thanks Phil!

That works real well!

rowbearto

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2013, 03:49:59 pm »
My laptop touchpad does not have middle click but I found out how to make clicking both left+right at the same time to emulate middle click with a registry entry:

http://sinairv.wordpress.com/2011/04/16/enabling-middle-click-in-synaptics-touchpad-drivers/

This works great, and now I can use middle click in other places as well.