Author Topic: Crash when middle click closing final tab in lower horizontal tab group  (Read 2066 times)

rowbearto

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 118
I'm able to consistently make beta4 crash by doing the following.

1) Create a new horizontal tab group, so that there is an upper and lower tab group
2) Enable the "middle click" close feature (see: http://community.slickedit.com/index.php/topic,9116.0.html)
3) Make sure there is only 1 tab in the lower tab group (crash only happens when closing last tab in group)
4) Middle click on the tab (the only one) in the lower tab group to try and close it.

After performing step 4, SE beta4 crashes.

Middle clicking on a tab in the upper tab group seems to work fine, but doing it on the last remaining tab in the lower tab group crashes the program.  If I have 2 tabs in the lower tab group and close one of them, that seems ok.  But middle click closing the last tab crashes SE.

rowbearto

• Hero Points: 118
Actually, I just discovered that middle click closing the final remaining tab in the upper horizontal tab group also causes a crash.

Rodney

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 47
This will be fixed in the next build. Thanks for catching this.

++rodney

Phil Barila

• Hero Points: 61
I hope that fix works for when the tab groups are vertical, instead of horizontal, because the bug exists in that case.  :-)

Rodney

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 47
Orientation matters not. The crash happens when an event propagates up to a parent window that no longer exists.

++rodney