Author Topic: backspace changes windows/buffers  (Read 2100 times)

greggman

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 14
backspace changes windows/buffers
« on: May 22, 2013, 08:28:53 pm »
I just installed v18 b4 in ubuntu 12.04

in a .cc file I type "static_cast<" press backspace, press "<", press backspace again, it switches buffers. In other words I was editing foo.cc, suddenly I'm editing bar.cc

Not sure what info you need. I'm in brief emu mode. keybindings says backspace is assigned to 'linewrap-rubout'

Matthew

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 44
Re: backspace changes windows/buffers
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 09:24:59 pm »
First thing to do would be to use the Macro > Record macro command, then execute the sequence you've mentioned. End the macro recording (Macro > Stop Recording) and when the dialog comes up choose the "Edit" button. That'll open up the source of lastmac.e. Please post that here.

Here's what mine looks like.
Code: [Select]
_command last_recorded_macro() name_info(','VSARG2_MARK|VSARG2_REQUIRES_EDITORCTL)
{
    _macro('R',1);
    keyin("static_cast");
    AutoBracketKeyin('<');
    _delete_char();
    rubout();
    AutoBracketKeyin('<');
    _delete_char();
    rubout();
}

greggman

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 09:44:41 pm »
Code: [Select]
#include "slick.sh"
_command last_recorded_macro() name_info(','VSARG2_MARK|VSARG2_REQUIRES_EDITORCTL)
{
   _macro('R',1);
   keyin("static_cast");
   AutoBracketKeyin('<');
   _delete_char();
   linewrap_rubout();
   AutoBracketKeyin('<');
}

greggman

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 09:47:27 pm »
If it helps it's not just changing buffers, it's removing the file from the editor.

I'm editing foo.cc, type the stuff seen in the macro above, it switches to bar.cc. When I check buffers foo.cc is no longer loaded. When I re-open it the changes I was making are not there.

Matthew

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 44
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2013, 06:26:22 pm »
We've tried replicating this error on a couple different platforms, including Ubuntu 12, with no success. Is there something "non-standard" in your setup, like a different different keyboard locale?
Have you tried running against a clean configuration? (Use the -sc ~/MyTempConfig argument when launching SE)

greggman

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2013, 10:24:52 pm »
So it doesn't repo on a new profile. It also doesn't repo unless I have my project loaded. It's worse than I thought though in that I've seen it just clicking in different windows with the mouse. I've also seen it when I'm doing nothing as in I stop pressing keys and 2-4 seconds later it's killed the buffer that I was looking at. If there are no other buffers the ".command" buffer appears which I've never seen before.

I tried recreating the project in the version with my profile. That still shows the issue
I tried recreating the project in the fresh profile and can't repo :-(