Archived Read Only Forums > SlickEdit 2013 v18 beta

B4: X11 autoraise on Linux64

(1/3) > >>

I just installed Beta 4 (thanks for the invite).  It took a while for me to get my fonts and vertical line back, since those settings didn't get brought forward from v17, but that's a one-time thing and I can live with it.  What is going to absolutely drive me nuts is whenever I run my mouse over SlickEdit, the window autoraises.  I have X (via Gnome) configured to not do this with any application but somehow SlickEdit is overriding that behavior and doing it anyway.  I couldn't find any configuration option to make it stop.  Any ideas?

Please post more specifics on exactly what Linux OS you are using and how to configure it to reproduce your problem. Thanks

This is Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, logged in using gnome-shell, instead of the default Unity UI.  To get this, install the base system as usual then install the gnome-shell package.  When logging in, click the little circular icon next to your name then choose Gnome, then log in as usual.

$ uname -a
Linux <hostname> 3.2.0-43-generic #68-Ubuntu SMP Wed May 15 03:33:33 UTC 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Not able to reproduce this yet, going to need more info. This is what I am running:
$ uname -a
Linux ubuntu12-x64-template 3.2.0-44-generic #69-Ubuntu SMP Thu May 16 17:35:01 UTC 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
$ gnome-shell --version
GNOME Shell 3.4.1

In the Configuration Editor, under org.gnome.desktop.wm.preferences, auto-raise is disabled, and focus-mode is set to 'click'.  Are there any other options you have enabled that are non-default?

Is there a particular area that you passing the mouse over that is causing this (editor pane, tool window, menu/toolbar)?  What emulation are you running?  Could you export your SlickEdit options and post them?  Also may need a look at at the restore info from your configuration directory (vrestore.slk) to get an idea of your window layout.

I'm running the same version of gnome-shell.

When I went to look in Configuration Editor to see if my settings matched yours, I couldn't find anything called "auto-raise" so I searched for "autoraise" and found two instances: /apps/compiz-1/plugins/core/screen0/options/autoraise and /apps/compizconfig-1/profiles/unity/plugins/core/screen0/options/autoraise.  They were both checked so I deselected them and the problem went away.  I reenabled both and SlickEdit doesn't autoraise.  autoraise_delay is 1000 but SE autoraised immediately whenever I passed over the main window, even when I had the new project dialog up (that was really annoying).

As I've been going through this stuff again, I realized that I'm not using compiz for my window manager.  Rather, I've switched it to metacity.  I have that set to not auto_raise and with focus_mode set to sloppy.

I realize that all of this Gnome shell stuff is highly confusing now.  It certainly confuses me.  It's seeming like this is some sort of Metacity vs. Compiz settings conflict which I can no longer reproduce.  Do you still want that other info?

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version