Archived Beta Discussions > SlickEdit 2013 v18 beta

B4: X11 autoraise on Linux64

(1/3) > >>

DanEngholm:
I just installed Beta 4 (thanks for the invite).  It took a while for me to get my fonts and vertical line back, since those settings didn't get brought forward from v17, but that's a one-time thing and I can live with it.  What is going to absolutely drive me nuts is whenever I run my mouse over SlickEdit, the window autoraises.  I have X (via Gnome) configured to not do this with any application but somehow SlickEdit is overriding that behavior and doing it anyway.  I couldn't find any configuration option to make it stop.  Any ideas?

--Dan

Clark:
Please post more specifics on exactly what Linux OS you are using and how to configure it to reproduce your problem. Thanks

DanEngholm:
This is Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, logged in using gnome-shell, instead of the default Unity UI.  To get this, install the base system as usual then install the gnome-shell package.  When logging in, click the little circular icon next to your name then choose Gnome, then log in as usual.

$ uname -a
Linux <hostname> 3.2.0-43-generic #68-Ubuntu SMP Wed May 15 03:33:33 UTC 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Lee:
Not able to reproduce this yet, going to need more info. This is what I am running:
$ uname -a
Linux ubuntu12-x64-template 3.2.0-44-generic #69-Ubuntu SMP Thu May 16 17:35:01 UTC 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
$ gnome-shell --version
GNOME Shell 3.4.1

In the Configuration Editor, under org.gnome.desktop.wm.preferences, auto-raise is disabled, and focus-mode is set to 'click'.  Are there any other options you have enabled that are non-default?

Is there a particular area that you passing the mouse over that is causing this (editor pane, tool window, menu/toolbar)?  What emulation are you running?  Could you export your SlickEdit options and post them?  Also may need a look at at the restore info from your configuration directory (vrestore.slk) to get an idea of your window layout.

DanEngholm:
I'm running the same version of gnome-shell.

When I went to look in Configuration Editor to see if my settings matched yours, I couldn't find anything called "auto-raise" so I searched for "autoraise" and found two instances: /apps/compiz-1/plugins/core/screen0/options/autoraise and /apps/compizconfig-1/profiles/unity/plugins/core/screen0/options/autoraise.  They were both checked so I deselected them and the problem went away.  I reenabled both and SlickEdit doesn't autoraise.  autoraise_delay is 1000 but SE autoraised immediately whenever I passed over the main window, even when I had the new project dialog up (that was really annoying).

As I've been going through this stuff again, I realized that I'm not using compiz for my window manager.  Rather, I've switched it to metacity.  I have that set to not auto_raise and with focus_mode set to sloppy.

I realize that all of this Gnome shell stuff is highly confusing now.  It certainly confuses me.  It's seeming like this is some sort of Metacity vs. Compiz settings conflict which I can no longer reproduce.  Do you still want that other info?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version