Author Topic: Beta 4: Print going crazy!  (Read 2256 times)

davehohl

  • Senior Community Member
  • Posts: 271
  • Hero Points: 27
Beta 4: Print going crazy!
« on: May 23, 2013, 05:40:35 pm »
I opened a workspace and had 15 files open. I selected "all buffers" in the print dialog and then clicked on Print. I expected all the open files to print.

Instead SE started printing all sorts of files from a completely different workspace. Files that had not even been open in that workspace.

I have attached a screenshot of the print dialog. As you can see, the directory shows "Motor Controller Micro" but all the files printed were from a completely different directory.

Moreover, the printouts themselves are all messed up. Characters are pixelated and squished together, sometime overwriting each other (especially when following bold text). Completely unusable.

I can print the same file using V17 and it works fine.

Matthew

  • SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • *
  • Posts: 990
  • Hero Points: 44
Re: Beta 4: Print going crazy!
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 02:01:31 pm »
Which emulation are you using? If you run the list-buffers command, are there files listed in there from you other workspace?
Please try deleting/moving/renaming the vrestore.slk file found in your configuration directory and see if it behaves properly after that.

davehohl

  • Senior Community Member
  • Posts: 271
  • Hero Points: 27
Re: Beta 4: Print going crazy!
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 04:53:32 pm »
I am using CUA emulation.

Yes, when I do list-buffers it shows a bunch of files from the other workspace, even though they are not open in tabs. Deleting vrestore.slk does not fix the problem.

Also, any idea why the actual printing is messed up? I can work around the buffer problem by just printing one file at a time, but that does not solve the problem of the output being garbled.

davehohl

  • Senior Community Member
  • Posts: 271
  • Hero Points: 27
Re: Beta 4: Print going crazy!
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 05:07:49 pm »
I managed to fix the buffer problem by doing list-buffers and then deleting them all in the file window.

I have attached a pdf file showing what the printout problems look like.

Clark

  • SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • *
  • Posts: 4938
  • Hero Points: 404
Re: Beta 4: Print going crazy!
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 01:46:20 am »
I think I know what's going on with the font problem and I think I know how to fix it too. I'll do some testing tomorrow. Thanks for reporting this.

Clark

  • SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • *
  • Posts: 4938
  • Hero Points: 404
Re: Beta 4: Print going crazy!
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2013, 12:35:07 pm »
The font problem will be fixed in the next beta

davehohl

  • Senior Community Member
  • Posts: 271
  • Hero Points: 27
Re: Beta 4: Print going crazy!
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2013, 10:40:49 pm »
Excellent! The fonts seem to be working fine in Beta 5.