Author Topic: B4 Build/Compile JDK issues  (Read 2649 times)

carlpmiller

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
B4 Build/Compile JDK issues
« on: May 26, 2013, 03:36:12 AM »
When attempting to compile/build, changing Java Options and then attempting to compile/build returns issues relating to the JDK not being configured correctly. Changing the options (correctly) usually results in an error pop-up stating the JDK build options are not correct, tools cannot be located, etc. Exiting Slick and the restarting it allows me to press compile/build with no issues (things compile as expected). Changing the options again reverts to the same error conditions and only restarting Slick allows things to work again.

Matthew

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 44
Re: B4 Build/Compile JDK issues
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 03:05:22 PM »
Which JDK directory are you pointing to which results in the error pop-up? We've got a fix for Java Live Errors coming up in Beta 5, and I'm thinking the "verify the JDK paths" code that we needed to fix for that may address your issue.

carlpmiller

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
Re: B4 Build/Compile JDK issues
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 07:02:28 PM »
Whether I use the Java 6 path (standard /System/Library/...) or the Oracle Java 7 path /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.7... The issue appears. I tried various subdirectories under the paths shown here with no positive results.