Author Topic: Beta 4: Smart Open lists files from other workspaces  (Read 2534 times)

davehohl

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 27
Beta 4: Smart Open lists files from other workspaces
« on: May 28, 2013, 04:37:37 PM »
I typed e revison.h on the command line and a dialog box popped up asking me to select files to open. It showed not only the revision.h from my current workspace/project, but also a revison.h that is in a completely different workspace/project.

I had the "Smart Open workspace files and open documents" option selected when this occurred. If I change the setting to "Smart Open workspace files" it behaves properly. If I change to "Smart Open open documents" it lists the file from the other workspace again.

If I do list-buffers it shows the revision.h file from the other workspace as open, even though it is clearly not. I think this is related to another bug that I reported a week or so ago:  http://community.slickedit.com/index.php/topic,9153.0.html
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 04:43:30 PM by davehohl »

Matthew

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 44
Re: Beta 4: Smart Open lists files from other workspaces
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 04:45:53 PM »
By any chance did you perform any version control operations on the "from previous workspace" files. There was a bug that was recently fixed where files that were diff-ed (or brought in the history log) were hanging around too long.

davehohl

• Hero Points: 27
Re: Beta 4: Smart Open lists files from other workspaces
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 06:36:16 PM »
I am pretty sure I did not do any version control operations on the revisions.h file from within SE. I cannot recall if I might have performed a diff outside of SE. It is possible, although not likely.