Author Topic: B4 Preview Window Issue #2  (Read 3685 times)

carlpmiller

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
B4 Preview Window Issue #2
« on: May 27, 2013, 05:19:30 AM »
When performing a search and returning search results into an editor window, scrolling through the results with the cursor used to show the contents of the results in the Preview window. e.g., each file a hit was found would be displayed in the Preview window at the found line the cursor is on. This action no longer occurs and the Preview window shows the last source file (at least in my use case).

Ryan

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 77
Re: B4 Preview Window Issue #2
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 01:57:52 AM »
You probably know this but there's a setting for specific tool windows to activate Preview, at Tools > Options > Appearance > Preview Tool Window.  Just checking to make sure that you have this on for Search results.

That being said, I can't get this to work even in v17.0.3...do you happen to have v17.0.3 installed?  If so, can you try this out in that version?

- Ryan

carlpmiller

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 05:15:30 AM »
The preview window is visible around 95% of the time I use Slick  :)

I went back and tried 17.0.2 and sure as heck, it doesn't work there. Since I've been using 16.0.x as my main version, it was noticeable in this beta. I tried a few times to switch to 17.0.x but for one reason or another, I stayed on 16.0.x.

The feature should still work the way it did in 16.0.x as I find it quite frustrating having to load each file to look at the context of the search since it consumes an order of magnitude more time to find search results of interest. In 16, one can simply scroll thru the search results window line by line and see the context of the search result in the preview window. Way fewer keystrokes and it's just one thing, scroll…

Ryan

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 05:31:21 AM »
Ok...that is good to know.  Thanks for testing this out in previous versions.  I'll look into it and keep you posted.

- Ryan

at5dapa1

• Hero Points: 24
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 10:17:08 AM »
I can confirm the issue in XP32: the Preview is updated for example on References, Bookmarks, Code Annotations, etc but not on Search Results. When navigating the Search Results, the Preview seems to keep showing the References tool selection.

china_sundasheng

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2013, 11:16:31 AM »

Ryan

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2013, 02:17:44 PM »
This is fixed for the next beta.

Also, those settings which I mentioned before do not actually control whether or not the Preview window information updates off of those tool windows.  Those settings just control whether or not SlickEdit will automatically show/unhide the Preview window off of those tool windows.  Shows how much I use Preview, I guess :P.

- Ryan