Author Topic: Need to scroll down to see last file in new "down arrow"  (Read 2139 times)

rowbearto

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 122
Need to scroll down to see last file in new "down arrow"
« on: May 29, 2013, 08:57:01 pm »
Hi:

First, congratulations on the beta5 release!  I've been trying out the new floating windows and I like the new functionality very much!  Good work!

One minor feedback.  I've tried the new "down arrow" in the new tab interface to list all the open files.  It seems that the last file is not always shown in the visible area, and I need to scroll down a little bit to see the last file in the list.  It would be nice if we did not have to scroll - that is we could see all file names without scrolling.

Again, thanks very much for this wonderful tool and listening to the feedback.

Thanks,
Rob

rowbearto

• Hero Points: 122
Re: Need to scroll down to see last file in new "down arrow"
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 09:17:12 pm »
Some more precision.

This seems to only happen when scroll bars are added to the "down-arrow's" window, such as if I don't have SE maximized and it is "narrower".  Then, it adds a horizontal and vertical scroll bar.  It seems the last file takes the space where the horizontal scroll bar is, forcing to scroll down 1 to see the final file.

If SE is large enough where horizontal scrolling is not needed then it does not seem to be an issue, no scrolling is required.

It would be nice that even if a horizontal scroll bar is needed, that we are not required to scroll down to see the last file.

Thanks,
Rob

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 467
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 10:46:47 pm »
Thanks for the extra details! Now I no why I couldn't reproduce it at first.

I responded to another post you had about UNC names in the smart open tool window. You need a trailing backslash "\\ubuntu\rob\" and it will work fine.

davehohl

• Hero Points: 27
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 10:48:46 pm »
Related to the new down arrow, I would have expected the file list to close if I click back in the edit window without selecting a file. But it does not seem to close unless I hit ESC or click on a tab.

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 467
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 11:02:45 pm »
Good catch! It seems to close when you click in the edit window but not when you click on a tab. Thanks