Author Topic: slickedit 2012 indent options?  (Read 2872 times)

greggman

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 14
slickedit 2012 indent options?
« on: June 12, 2012, 10:08:54 pm »
Where did the indenting options go for C++ (and other languages)

searching for indent or tabs in the options dialog brings up several places none of which have the old options.

The problem I'm having is pasting in block is intending with tabs. I have no idea why and I can't seem to get it to stop.

Phil Barila

• Hero Points: 61
Re: slickedit 2012 indent options?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 11:20:05 pm »
For C/C++, it's in Options->Languages->Application Languages->C/C++->Formatting.  The Profile: dropdown contains a list of Profiles.  If you don't like one of the built-ins, you can make your own using one of the built-ins as a starting point.

greggman

• Hero Points: 14
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 05:39:36 pm »
thanks!

I see why neither 'indent' nor 'tabs' turns up when searching the 'options' dialog. I guess I should have looked at the help though maybe slickedit should consider making the dialog searches a global thing.

rfranz

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 11:25:36 pm »
How do I change the indenting of a profile?  I don't see any way to do this.  Different profiles have different indents, so it must be configurable somehow.....

patrick

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 120
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 01:27:20 pm »
If you have a c++ file open, quickest way is to go to Tools -> Beautify -> Edit Current Profile.  "Indent" is the first item in the tree of options you can change.

From the Tools -> Options Dialog, go to Languages -> C/C++ -> Formatting, and click on the "Edit" button to edit the current profile.

rfranz

• Junior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2013, 07:43:14 pm »
Thanks Patrick, that's what I wanted. 
It's strange that I can't seem to change this setting from Options->Languages->C, as that is where the rest of the configuration seems to be.

Roy