Author Topic: B6: UI question or suggestion  (Read 2500 times)

Ed Barnard

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 3
B6: UI question or suggestion
« on: June 04, 2013, 11:07:28 PM »
When writing unit test suites, I will often copy one file to create a new file as my starting point for the unit test suite. I then click to focus the floated window containing the unit suite files, since they are all in the same mac directory at this point, and type command-o to bring the Open tab into focus.

At this point it would be nice if there were something I could click, or a keystroke, to refresh the list. I need to find and double-click the enclosing folder to refresh the file list, so that I can double-click (select and open) the newly created file.

I'm not sure that was clear. What I'm looking for is an easy way for the Open tool window to refresh its contents.

Right now, the Open tool window is in two parts. The upper part is the contents of the folder selected in the bottom part. It's the upper part I'd like to see refreshable.

It takes a relatively long time to find and grab the mouse, get it pointing at the current folder, and double-clicking to refresh the folder contents.

It's also possible there is a keystroke that already accomplishes the refresh. If so, what might it be?

Thanks again.

Matthew

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 44
Re: B6: UI question or suggestion
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 02:08:01 PM »
You can press the F5 key to refresh the Open tool window. That's implemented as a hard-coded key binding, and isn't something you can modify via the keybindings dialog (and therefore a bit harder to find).

Ed Barnard

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 3
Re: B6: UI question or suggestion
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 02:10:45 PM »
Thank you.