Author Topic: Beta 6 : prints wrong file  (Read 2846 times)

astromme

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
Beta 6 : prints wrong file
« on: June 10, 2013, 06:57:47 PM »
I have two files open in different tiles, A on the left, B on the right.  I printed out B.  Now I want to print out A.  I click in file A's window and the filename at the top of the tile turns blue (assuming this means it's active). File->Print brings up the Print dialog.  I click Preview, review file A, escape from that, and change the Font size.  I Preview again, like the look of file A, then try to print.  The printer spits out file B.

I tried this again with a couple of changes:
1) I had some text selected in file A.  When I brought up the Print dialog, I unchecked and checked the Selection Only checkbox, then escaped.
2) I did not Preview or change Font.

Now, I correctly print out file A.

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 528
Re: Beta 6 : prints wrong file
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 08:57:18 PM »
Do you need to print out B first in order to get the wrong file printed?

astromme

• Hero Points: 1
Re: Beta 6 : prints wrong file
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 09:48:57 PM »
Here's what I know:

I followed the steps posted earlier.  After reading your response, I printed A after looking at Font and Preview, I got A.  I clicked to file B, looked at Font and Preview, and printed (and received) B.  I clicked to file A, looked at Font and Preview, and printed (and received) A.

I'm not sure what the trick is to getting the wrong one.  I've seen this from time to time in the past, but only today took the time to post what I'm seeing.