Author Topic: One file per window & Floating Tab  (Read 3631 times)

xj97

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
One file per window & Floating Tab
« on: June 13, 2013, 01:29:34 PM »
Hi,

I'm running the windows x64 version of 18 Beta 7 in BRIEF mode, and I have a few questions / comments.

1. I have "One file per window" set for the "Files per Window" option. However, when I open new documents into a particular window they show up as tabs along the top. This means that when I use "CTRL+TAB" (next-window) to cycle through active windows it will stop for each tab within each window. I would prefer those tabs to not show up, or at least have a way to cycle through just the active windows. Is there a way to do this?

2. I have three monitors on my desk, and I *really* like the idea of having an extra code window (or two) on those other monitors. So I floated a tab out of the main window and placed it within it's own "app-level" window on another monitor. However, my normal method of switching windows (SHIFT+ARROW, or 'window-right' et. al) does not work between those larger panes. CTRL+TAB (next-window) does switch between all of the active windows. Is there a way to do a directional active window change between these tab groups within different app-level windows?

As always, I appreciate your work on my favorite code editor :)

I just hopped in here at Beta 7, apologies if any of this has already been discussed.

Thanks-
Baker

mako

• Community Member
Re: One file per window & Floating Tab
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 05:19:40 PM »
Take a look at this discussion to see if it helps: http://community.slickedit.com/index.php/topic,9134.0.html

xj97

• Community Member
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 06:13:11 PM »
Hi Mako-

Yes that'll solve the next-window issue, but I'd still like to be able to use my SHIFT+ARROW to invoke a window-right that works between MDI windows :)

Thanks
Baker

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 528
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 07:51:50 PM »
Interesting...hadn't thought of that. Good idea!