Author Topic: gui-open with tabs  (Read 2880 times)

xj97

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
gui-open with tabs
« on: June 13, 2013, 02:58:36 PM »
Hi,

Using SE 18 / Beta 7 / win64 / Brief Emulation / One file per window, I have my screen split into two vertically.

On the left side, I am viewing File B and there is a tab buried somewhere that contains File A. If I activate the right-hand window and attempt to open File A using either gui-open or selecting a symbol via the activate-find-symbol menu, it changes my active window to the left side instead of opening the file in the active right side.

Is there a new way to open this file again on the right side (other than right-clicking the tab and telling it to move to another tab group), or any chance of the old behavior being restored?

Thanks
Baker

davehohl

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 27
Re: gui-open with tabs
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2013, 04:42:21 PM »
I was annoyed by this also. The only way I found to have the same file open in both tab groups is do a split vertical on the file tab and then drag it into the right tab group. It would be nice if when you are in a different tab group and try to open a file SE automatically opened a new tab in the current group.

Clark

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 526
Re: gui-open with tabs
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2013, 05:34:51 PM »
This is undocumented but should do the trick. We may add this to the GUI at some point. It has MANY options including an option for making SlickEdit act exactly like visual studio ('N' - option but Smart next window style must be set to "Smart next window").

Create a macro file with the code below in it. Then run the command that it defines to change the find window option. This change won't move a document tab from one tab group to another but it will allow for duplicates to be created in the current tab group automatically.

#include "slick.sh"
_command void set_find_window_options_my_way()
{
   // This is the default setting
   //
   // Visable current tab Group, Visible current Mdi window
   // Visable Anywhere, current tab Group, current Mdi window, Anywhere
   //_default_option(VSOPTIONZ_DEFAULT_FIND_WINDOW_OPTIONS,"VG,VM,VA,G,M,A");
   //
   // This is what you want
   //
   // current tab Group
   _default_option(VSOPTIONZ_DEFAULT_FIND_WINDOW_OPTIONS,"G");

// Indicate config changed so option gets saved