Author Topic: Beta 8: does not remember "color modified document tabs" setting when upgrading  (Read 3788 times)

davehohl

• Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 27
I upgraded to Beta 8 and it it did not pull over my "color modified document tabs" from the Editor Windows settings. Had the same issue when upgrading from Beta 6 to Beta 7.

davehohl

• Hero Points: 27
After thinking about it, it seems odd that you even need this setting anymore, since there is a separate color control for modified tabs. One should not have to both enable this and set the modified tab color in order to get the desired behavior.

PiezonTM

• Hero Points: 8
Does the color for modified documents work?  I have tried to set this up with no success using B8.  Seems straight forward but maybe I am doing something wrong.

Rodney

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Hero Points: 54
The new document tabs and the old File Tabs tool window both share the same setting for modified color. Without going into details, this was the reason for the 2 separate settings (1 in Colors, 1 in Editing options). It can be done though.

Turn on 'Color modified document tabs' from Options>Editing>Editor Windows.
If you don't like the default red color, then change the 'Document Tab - Modified' element in Options>Appearance>Colors.

++rodney