Author Topic: Tool window pinned to right side of main window doesn't resize properly  (Read 3690 times)

mako

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 1
I have the Defs tool window docked to the right side of my main window. If I pin it open, it doesn't resize properly if I maximize or restore the main window. If the main window is maximized when I pin it open, then the bottom gets clipped when I restore the main window. If the main window is not maximized when I pin it, then it will not grow to use the full height of the main window when I maximize. Screen shots attached.

If I unpin then repin the tool window it will resize correctly for the current main window size. However, in the PinThenMaximize image, note there is also an odd light-colored square drawn over the editing window just to the left of the Defs tool window's horizontal scroll bar. This square does not go away no matter how I manipulate the windows. It can be hidden by making the window small enough that it falls outside the bottom or right side, but it will reappear once the window is made big enough to include it again. The only way to get rid of it is to restart SE.

I got the images using Beta 8 on Win7 64 bit. I reproduced the problem on Ubuntu 10.04 64 bit, but the rogue blank square did not appear in that case.

Edit: I tried this with the tool windows docked to the left side of the main window and it has the same problem.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 03:56:53 PM by mako »

Rodney

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 54
The resizing bug is actually not new to v18 (hard to believe I know). I'm looking into it.

++rodney

Rodney

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 54
That was a nice catch. The bug has been around since v17. Fixed for next release.

Edit: The fix is for the resizing. I have not run down the blank square artifact.

++rodney