Author Topic: B8: RDP performance issue maybe a repro?  (Read 2412 times)

Phil Barila

  • Senior Community Member
  • Posts: 742
  • Hero Points: 61
B8: RDP performance issue maybe a repro?
« on: June 14, 2013, 06:13:41 pm »
Previous thread on this:,9228.0.html
As I was using B8 over the VPN last night, I highlighted a term in a source window, hit Ctrl+F to start a search, using the options visible in the past from the Search Results window below.  As soon as I did that, things got wonky in a hurry.  I am not sure if the evil began when the auto-hide Search Results window raised, when I double-clicked the first result, when I commented the result, or when I hit Ctrl+G to move to the next result.  Eventually, I was able to get SE to exit, by clicking the close button, and waiting a while, and my RDP session was responsive again.  Now that I think about it, I saw the same thing in a previous version, when I did approximately the same sequence, and it was a lot worse, but I hadn't connected it to the search.
Code: [Select]
Find all "SMSocket.Shutdown", Match case, Whole word
File C:\Projects\6.2\Branch\LogRhythm\scsmw\SCSystemMonitor.cs
  1351 29://                          SMSocket.Shutdown(SocketShutdown.Both);
  5125 25://                      SMSocket.Shutdown(SocketShutdown.Both);
  5328 33://                              SMSocket.Shutdown(SocketShutdown.Both);
  5346 33://                              SMSocket.Shutdown(SocketShutdown.Both);
  5369 33://                              SMSocket.Shutdown(SocketShutdown.Both);
  5417 25://                      SMSocket.Shutdown(SocketShutdown.Both);
  5617 33://                              SMSocket.Shutdown(SocketShutdown.Both);
  5635 33://                              SMSocket.Shutdown(SocketShutdown.Both);
  5741 37://                                  SMSocket.Shutdown(SocketShutdown.Both);
  7891 25://                      SMSocket.Shutdown(SocketShutdown.Both);
Total found: 10
Code: [Select]
SlickEdit 2013 (v18.0.0.11 64-bit)

Serial number: FE11829_BETA
License type: Beta License
License expiration: 2013-07-23 06:31:00
License file: C:\ProgramData\slickedit\18\slickedit.lic

Build Date: June 11, 2013
Emulation: CUA

OS: Windows 7 x64
OS Version: 6.01.7601  Service Pack 1
Memory: 82% Load, 10155MB/12285MB Physical, 10588MB/24569MB Page File, 491MB/8388607MB Virtual
Shell Info: C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe /q
Screen Size: 1920 x 1080, 1920 x 1080

Project Type: Microsoft Visual Studio Csharp
Language: .cs (C#)

Installation Directory: C:\Program Files\SlickEditV18.0.0 x64 Beta7\ (non-removable drive,NTFS,107974MB free)
Configuration Directory: C:\Users\phil.barila\AppData\Local\SlickEdit\Config\18.0.0\ (non-removable drive,NTFS,107974MB free)
Hope this helps you track it down.