Author Topic: Creating new file does not add the file to Perforce changelist  (Read 2919 times)

ken.strickland

• Community Member
  • Hero Points: 0
Using SlickEdit 2013 with Perforce integration (not SCC) creating new files goes through the steps of asking if I want to add the file to Perforce, but the file is never added.  I end up having to go to p4v to add the file manually.  Is there a setting I'm missing or is this a bug in the Perforce integration?

Dan

• SlickEdit Team Member
  • Senior Community Member
  • Hero Points: 133
Re: Creating new file does not add the file to Perforce changelist
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 01:07:26 pm »
Did this happen when you added the file to a project?  Were you prompted when you created the new file?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 01:15:08 pm by Dan »

ken.strickland

• Community Member
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 01:44:52 pm »
Yes, this happens when I create a new file through the SlickEdit interface, so it automatically gets added to the project.

I get multiple prompts.  The first one: "Do you want to add the new files to version control?"  I click on 'Yes'.
Next, I get a comment window for the changelist which I leave blank and click 'OK'.
Then the last prompt is: 'Add all files in the folder 'myfolder''.  I'm not sure what to click here, because all my other files are already under version control.  I've tried clicking 'Yes' and I've tried clicking 'No', but I get the same results either way -- the file is not added to Perforce.

One thing I noticed is that the new file does not actually show up in the filesystem until I save it for the first time.  The problem could be that SlickEdit is telling Perforce to add a file that does not exist.

Dan

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 01:59:46 pm »
I hate to sound dense, how are you creating the file?  When I run from File>New, I'm not being prompted.  If I add the file to the project manually, I am prompted, and it seems to work.

ken.strickland

• Community Member
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2013, 02:03:13 pm »
In the Projects tab, I right click on the folder I want to create a file in (I'm using 'Auto Folder -> Directory View'), and I choose the option 'Add -> New File...'.

Dan

• SlickEdit Team Member
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2013, 02:29:44 pm »
OK, I was able to reproduce this and fix it for the first hotfix.  I'm not sure when that will be published, but it will be soon.  Thanks for the report.

ken.strickland

• Community Member
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2013, 02:31:09 pm »
Awesome!  Thanks for the  help!   :)